Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New exhaust going in

It's been a while since I last posted, but faced with a choice between working on the car and working on this blog, I've opted to work on the car. As it happens, I'm coming up on the year anniversary of starting this restoration and I'm almost ready to put the ol' Falcon back on it's own four wheels. Fired it up tonight with open headers to annoy the neighbors, and now I'm ready to install this nice exhaust center section i built:





The new exhaust is dual mandrel-bent 2.25" pipes into a mandrel bent y-pipe 2.25" to 2.5" dumping into a Full Boar chamber muffler sized a close a possible to act as a pulse wave termination chamber.  Total length of the secondaries is about 65".  Here is the opposite view:


In this shot you can compare my take on how to make a header connection versus the ridiculous one they made me at the muffler shop back in 2002.  What a difference a decade makes...


Finally, here is the pipe that dumps into the pulse wave termination chamber.  As per David Vizard, I have extended the pipe past the inlet of the muffler to create an anti-reversionary effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment